We understand that your time is precious and that you need ophthalmologists who are professional, yet convenient for your lifestyle. In order to make the transition to our office smoother for you, we have created a New Patient Center with everything you need to get started.
All requests for consultations will be triaged appropriately to book with one of our ophthalmologists or eye care professionals. Our staff work closely with our eye surgeons to provide excellent care.
What should I expect at my first visit at Alberta Eye MD?
- Depending upon the tests that are required, your appointment may be scheduled in two visits. The first appointment will be for testing with an ophthalmic technician. The second appointment will be a consultation with the ophthalmologist. You will not be dilated at your first appointment for testing, but you may be dilated at your second appointment with the ophthalmologist.
- Be prepared to be dilated during your consultation with the ophthalmologist. Dilation will allow your ophthalmologist to see the back of your eye. Your vision will be blurry for approximately 4 to 6 hours and you will be light sensitive. Please bring a driver and sunglasses. Please watch this video regarding dilation.
- Bring your Alberta Health Care card.
- Bring a list of medications.
- Bring a translator if you do not speak English.
- Please be aware that parking is limited at our location.
- Your total visit may be two hours depending upon the tests that are required.
- No shows or cancellations with less than 24 hours notice may be subject to a cancellation fee.
Our refractive surgeons perform their refractive surgeries at LASIK MD. You can book a consultation with your surgeon at LASIK MD.
Thank you for choosing Alberta Eye MD. We look forward to seeing you.