Our surgeons are well trained and respected in treating most ocular conditions including cataracts, glaucoma, refractive surgery, pediatric and adult strabismus, as well as corneal and retinal diseases. Our glaucoma sub specialists are world renowned in treating the most complex glaucoma conditions.
Our clinic provides care for the following conditions:
The comprehensive ophthalmology practice of Alberta Eye MD is dedicated to personalized treatment for patients with out-of-the-ordinary conditions. Our goal is to employ our expertise to offer highly advanced care in an effort to ensure that our patients will continue to see the world clearly with as few problems as possible.
In order to achieve these ends, we employ state-of-the-art diagnostic tools such as:
- Laser Treatments - YAG laser in conjunction with cataract surgery, SLT therapy to complement treatment for glaucoma and argon laser for various indications.
- Corneal Topography is used for evaluation of the cornea and to plan for a better cataract and refractive surgery.
- High Resolution OCT is used to map various structures of the eye. This is another non-invasive method of "charting" the eye's structure. It is an advanced diagnostic procedure that gives the eye surgeon a visual picture of the structure of the eye.
- IOL Master is a non-contact instrument that provides a highly accurate method of measuring eye length and surface curvature prior to cataract surgery.
- The Humphrey Visual Field Analyzer detects the range of peripheral vision. Glaucoma, for instance, can cause vision loss in a defined area, while other peripheral vision defects may indicate optic nerve damage or a retinal problem. Some common medications, including those routinely prescribed for treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, may affect vision, and field of vision monitoring is recommended.
While our practice is a specialized one and a majority of patients are referred to us by other eye doctors, we will be happy to schedule a consultation if you have any concerns about your eyesight. We believe that the way you see your world has a great effect on the way you live your life and on your overall health and well-being.